CV Tracker Live Beta is NOW AVAILABLE!
CV Tracker is a music tracker for Windows PC, that allows anyone to create 8bit chip tune music for your own song production or output for the ColecoVision game system. CV Tracker also allows for limited MIDI playback.
CV Tracker also supports customizable volume instruments that add amazing effects to your music. Easily retool an entire song by adding volume instruments and playback in realtime to hear the results.
DOWNLOAD CV Tracker Latest Build: (for WinXP and Windows7)
CV TRACKER BETA v1.21a : DOWNLOAD
DEMO SONG PACK : DOWNLOAD - A small selection of working demo songs to show what CV Tracker is currently capable of.
Get SlimDX Runtime (March 2009 SP1) SDK VERSION FOR DEVELOPERS: When on the site, click the SECOND Orange button that says “Get Latest Release”. This runtime is REQUIRED to run CV Tracker.
How to install CV Tracker:
Download the SlimDX Runtime, CV Tracker .zip and demo song .zip files to your windows PC. I’ve tested on WinXP and Windows 7 without any issues.
- Install SlimDX SDK for Developers and use all default options during the install - this is a needed framework for the sound emulation to work properly.
- Unzip the Demo Song Pack file and save in a folder somewhere on your hard drive
- Unzip and run the setup.exe in the CV Tracker .zip file to install.
- Install is complete.
How to upgrade from a previous version:
To upgrade from a previous version of CV Tracker, you must uninstall the old version via the windows control panel - add/remove programs option, then select CV TRACKER and uninstall. Failing to uninstall the old version can cause unexpected results.
- The instruments consist of 15 comma separated values. 1 = loudest, 15 = silent. i found that using an instrument like 1,3,6,9,15 gives a nice sound. please experiment and share your instrument codes with the others.
KEEP IN MIND, ITS A BETA!
this is the first public beta of CV Tracker will contains bugs. This is meant to give you something to start your composing while i continue coding the rest of the toolset. At this stage, you can compose, Load, Save and playback your masterpieces. If you encounter any errors let me know via the atariage forums.
List of things not in this version to be aware of:
- No Noise channel support just yet. you can plug in notes and set instrument values at this point but noise channel will not work at the moment.
- Coleco Music Dat Format Export not yet implemented. This is just starting to be worked on, and is only needed for coders, so this should not interfere with creating music at the moment.
- I need to add note playback when entering notes in the editor to make life easier. should be soon.
- Midi instrument selections that will tie to the coleco instrument for “Mixed mode” playback on PC’s only. This is nice if you want to export your creations to MP3 at a later point.
- Pitch bending efforts for instruments.
- I’m sure there are other things missing, feel me in on what you feel should be in there! Cant guarantee it all will get added, but i’m very interested in user feedback to make this more useable!
v1.21a - Faster sound emulation, few more code fixes, increased WinXp Support, buy likely not perfect.
v1.20b - Initial Beta release
Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any damage or damages incurred by using this software! This software comes with NO warranty.